Friday, November 11, 2011

Welcome to Turning Pages -- Ancestor by Ancestor

You are invited to join me as I turn the pages of the family picture albums and the books and ledgers with genealogy records. I plan on sharing my family history with you one ancestor at a time and tell you how I went about finding the information to "flesh out the bones."

Although I have been working on my genealogy for over twenty years, I didn't start until almost all of the older generation was gone. I needed to find the existing records and will tell you as I write about the ancestors where each of their information came from.

I will be starting with my grandfather Edwin D. Brown, my mother's father, because he has always been my most interesting character and because I learned so much about the "do's and don't's"of doing genealogy while researching him.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann, I promised I would stop by. You're off to a great start. Looking forward to reading some great stories. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete